Unless stated otherwise, LinksMedicus is the controller of the Personal Data you provide through the Services. You may contact us as described below.
Links to other websites
Personal Data We Collect
In case you subscribe to our newsletter, we will collect details of the subject matters that you are interested in. We will also collect your e-mail, so that we can provide you with pieces of information available in our Site and with the newsletter you have subscribed to.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other information.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this type of information to increase our Service’s functionality. These third-party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information.
Cookies set by the website owner (in this case, LinksMedicus) are called “first party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than the website owner are called “third-party cookies”.
While you visit LinksMedicus you may also find third-party cookies, that will enable third-party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g. advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third-party cookies can recognize your computer both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites.
How we use the Personal Data We Collect
LinksMedicus uses your personal data:
- To improve and customize the content you access through the Services.
- To notify you about new features, changes and/or offerings of the Services
- To process and respond to your inquiries or to request your feedback
Legal Basis for the collection of Personal Data
The legal basis for the collection and use of your Personal Data is that you have given your consent and/or that it is in our legitimate interest to do so in order to have access to most of the good quality free medical education resources available on the web.
How we disclose Personal Data
- To Enhance our Services: We may share Personal Data we collect with third parties who provide services on our behalf to help with our business activities such as email service providers, data analyzers and business intelligence providers for the purpose of enhancing our products and services. These companies are authorized to use your Personal Data only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- Legal Requirements: We may disclose Personal Data in response to a legal request if the law requires us to do so. We may also access, preserve and share information when we understand it is necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, this Policy, or other contracts with you; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations.
- Business Transfers: We may buy, merge or partner with other companies. In such transactions, Personal Data may be among the transferred assets. If a portion or all of LinksMedicus’ assets are sold or transferred to a third-party, customer information (including your email address) would likely be one of the transferred business assets.
You have several rights concerning your Personal Data, including, but not limited to the following. To exercise these rights, please contact us as described below.
- Access and Request for Exclusion: Upon request, LinksMedicus will provide you with confirmation whether we process your Personal Data. You may also access, correct or request exclusion of your Personal Data we hold. We will respond to these requests within a reasonable time and we may require proof of identity.
Subject to applicable law, we may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. We may not remove your Personal Data when there is a legal storage requirement, such as accounting rules or when there are other legal grounds to keep the data, such as an ongoing contractual relationship.
- Rectification: If you consider any of your Personal Data is wrong, inaccurate, or out of date, you can request us to correct or update it.
- Withdraw consent. Where the only legal basis for us to process your Personal Data is that you consent us to do so, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will have to stop processing your Personal Data. Please note, this will only affect a new activity and does not mean that processing carried out before you withdrew your consent is unlawful.
- Portability: You may request us to have the Personal Data you have provided to us sent electronically to you for you to provide to a third party.
The security of your Personal Data is very important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the Personal Data submitted to us and take various precautions to protect information from loss and misuse. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, please contact us as described below.
Changes to this Policy